expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crazy things happen when I start thinking.

If you are friends with me at all, and this includes Facebook friends, you know that my life has been pretty much consumed with all things Surge.

What started out with a random thought that popped into my head (oddly enough, this is how The Porch started!), has turned into reality.
And this is thanks to my husband who supports all my crazy dreams and some solid friends (many of which are also my family) who push me along the way.
Adam always says that my mind would be a very scary place to be. Ha!
Crazy things happen when I start thinking!

So tonight.
My refrigerator looks like this

(Shout out to Ryan Boccelli and Stonyfield Farm for the yogurt donation!)

My table looks like this


(Thank you 2 Dancing Daanes for hooking us up with the stellar stamp!)
And my mind is a crazy mess filled with more thoughts about more topics than I could ever tell you.

And this morning, as I sat on my bed with my Bible open and my eyes closed, I had to struggle and fight with these thoughts that were threatening to just take over.
Thoughts that had nothing to do with what was in front of me.
And thoughts that involved situations that had happened and were happening that I had absolutely no control over.

And I was reminded of the incredible truth that God is in control.
Period.
If there are things going on that I have no control over, than what is it even proving to worry?
Nothing.
And I was able to sit there and feel God's peace pour over me in a way that is so hard to explain, but in that same exact way that He is doing it now.
I have listened to this song over and over this week:



God. The God of the universe is fighting for me. Little, old, unimportant me.
And it doesn't matter what else happens. I am not alone.

And as I have stressed over the boys schooling, finances, editing, emailing clients, emailing teens about surge, emailing family, forgetting to go grocery shopping this week...it just all stopped.

I am not alone.
And my God is fighting for me. always.
I don't even care what else happens.

I am so excited about tomorrow for a lot of reasons, many of the reasons come from thoughts I have had since I was in middle school.
And I can not wait to blog about it next week.

But for now?
I have to go take the brownies out of the oven, finish writing thank you notes for my speakers, email a couple clients back, make a list for my day tomorrow and finish editing these pictures for my post tomorrow.

And I am completely satisfied and peaceful.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs