expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, April 11, 2014

The way Adam rolled circa 1994

Back in 1994, my boyfriend was playing soccer and basketball for his high school.
He was also part of a select singing group.
He then played soccer for a travel team in the summer and basketball for AAU.

But more than that.
He was coming home at night and reading his Bible. 
All the way through. 
Twice a year.
I just found one of Adam's old Bibles and saw (in his tiny little handwriting) the dates above each chapter he was reading at the time.


It literally stopped me in my tracks, because something hit me.

I am reaping the benefits of the decisions he was making as a 17-year-old.

I'm sure he wasn't thinking...I should be reading my Bible so I can grow to be a godly man and support my wife and kids.
I mean, what 17-year-old thinks that way?

That. Right there. Is one of the things that drives me to invest in the lives of teenagers.
Maybe. Just maybe, if I encourage one teenager to get serious in their relationship with God.
And if I encourage them to keep reading their Bible, and making God a priority?
There could be an entire family who can reap the benefits of those choices.
See...most teens don't think about their decisions affecting anyone else but themselves.
I said most.
But not all.
Not Adam.
He saw the importance of developing godly character at an early age, making it easier to keep it up as he got older, and as he started raising his family.

So the way Adam rolled circa 1994 was pretty awesome.
And I think every 17-year-old should roll the exact same way.

If you are reading this and you are a teenager?
Think about this:
The choices you make today are going to affect many people's lives in the future. 

Be a teenager of character. Your family will thank you later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog Design by Caked Designs